Rosey Painted development

Rosey Painted development

Looking at my character designs of the rose character, i felt it lacked life in the concept drawings. Developing it futher i wanted to have a visual design i could feel was real in a way that just looking at it, you could almost feel it was alive or could become animated at any moment.

Although, I understand the need for digital techniques, coming form a previous BA in GMD (graphics & media design) at LCC, where it was required to create visual characters in photoshop and illustrator as ways of visually ┬árendering things. Yet i felt ┬áit didn’t render well with my previous character design in this 2d simplistic form of work.

Using my illustration & art based background i improved the image, with a more crafted approach using hand painting to build up the character to appear more living.

However, although i feel the hand painting helped create a richer character with more life like qualities, i know this will be harder to animate, if taken further as this character design like my others seems to be better suited to be modelled on a 3d software for animating.